Over the years we’ve used and abused multiple sets of cookware. It’s an easy gear category to take for granted, but in our experience a good cookware set is worth its weight and will serve you well on many adventures to come. Here in TAP’s Magnificent Seven Resource Guide Series, we serve you up seven brands to potentially add to your gear list.
Products that we have personally used and can recommend are marked with a TAP Trail Tested logo.
The last set of camping cookware you’ll ever need to buy. Constructed of durable polished 18/8 stainless steel, the Primus cook set is a genuine workhorse designed to withstand year after year of service. The set consists of two pots, two lids with integrated strainers and a frying pan with a built-in handle. The pot in the large set has a foldaway handle and can be suspended over an open fire while the small set has foldable side handles. The frying pan has an aluminum-clad bottom for an even heat distribution, so you don’t burn your food and both the stackable pots and frying pan all fit into an included storage bag.
- Small pot sizes: (1.0 and 1.8 L)
- Large pot sizes: (1.8 and 3.0 L)
GLACIER STAINLESS LARGE ($99.95)
The nFORM Destination System cookware has been designed from the ground up for truly comfortable, truly enjoyable camping. Whether your base camp is a remote glacier or your local state park, the nFORM Destination System combines the performance, robustness and reliability of your home cookware with ingenious features that make being in the outdoors the true pleasure that it should be. With features like pasta-straining lids, a chuck box-friendly footprint, and handles that stay securely attached to the pots for cooking, the nFORM Destination System is inviting you out to eat.
- Compact, nesting design with integrated measurements packs small, travels easily and withstands any abuse
- Heavy-duty, clad stainless steel frypan with folding, locking handle provides incredibly even, controlled heat.
- Double-bail handles lock up to allow pots to be filled, carried and strained easily while occupying less space on stoves and grates.
- Integrated straining holes in the lightweight, stainless steel lid make straining water simple while the silicone thumb pads insulate hands from the heat.
- Includes mesh stuff sack.
Sea to Summit:
Sigma 2 Pot Cook Set ($94.95)
What is better than preparing fresh and healthy backcountry meals in Sigma™ Pots? Having ergonomically-shaped bowls and mugs ready to serve up the culinary masterpiece you have just created. The 1.2L and 2.7L Sigma™ Pots of the 2.2 Cook Set are made of durable, abrasion resistant polished stainless steel for an easy-to-clean cooking surface. The Pivot-Lock™ handles lock firmly in place, the unique slotted pattern in the lid strains perfectly and the silicone Lid-Keep™ lets you rest the lid on the side of the pot. Delta Light™ tableware comprising of two Delta Light Bowls and Delta™ Insul Mugs nest neatly inside the pots forming a lightweight compact camp kitchen cookware set.
MSR Ceramic Solo Pot ($49.95)
Whether you’re on a solo mission or joining partners on the trail, cook freely in the backcountry with this 1.3 L pot, featuring our durable Fusion® ceramic nonstick coating. The toughest nonstick coating we’ve ever found, Fusion ceramic stands up to the abuse of outdoor cooking. It’s safe at high heat and free of PTFEs and PFOAs, making it a superior nonstick option for soloists seeking a pot that’s easy to clean at camp.
- Fusion® Ceramic: Ultra-durable nonstick coating handles abuse, is safe at high temperatures, and is PTFE- and PFOA-free, for superior, worry-free nonstick performance.
- Cook Freely: Easy clean-up makes this pot perfect for cooking real meals on the trail.
- Ultralight: 1.3 L pot handles the duties of basic cooking with minimal weight.
- Efficient: Lid doubles as a strainer, and aluminum disperses heat more evenly.
- Includes: (1) 1.3 L nonstick, hard-anodized aluminum pot, (1) aluminum strainer lid, (1) Talon™ pot handle.
Take your camp kitchen cookware to the next level. This 21-piece cookset packs all the convenience of a fully stocked kitchen into a package that is perfect for tiny homes, dorm rooms, campsites and #vanlife. The 3-ply stainless steel pot and fry pan are built to perform like pros, ensuring that your food heats faster and more evenly. With all the tools needed to prep, cook, serve and clean up, you can even keep this set in your kitchen for everyday use.
Camp Chef 6-Piece Cast Iron Set ($94.99)
- Material: cast iron
- Volume: [dutch oven] 6qt, [skillets] 10in, 12in
- Includes: 6qt dutch oven (10in), 10in skillet, 10in lid, 12in skillet, 12in lid (doubles as skillet), dutch oven trivet
- Recommended Use: casual, camping, lifestyle
- Manufacturer Warranty: limited
Field Cooker Pro ($375)
Made of non-stick aluminum, the Field Cooker Pro is a versatile cooking option. Use the Field Cooker Pro for frying, baking and stewing. The set includes a large pot, rice cooker and saute pan. Designed to be modular, the saute pan doubles as a lid for the pot. The Field Cooker Pro set also features foldable handles for easy storage.