An efficient and reliable camp stove is an essential piece of backcountry adventurer gear. Here in our “Magnificent Seven Resource Guide Series” we serve up seven great portable options, that will keep your hunger pangs away after a day on the trail or ensure a delicious pot of coffee that kick starts your day.
Products that we have personally used and can recommend are marked with a TAP Trail Tested logo.
Tupike Stove (MSRP $249.95)
The Tupike is a two-burner camp stove designed for real cooking in a lightweight, compact package. Its stainless-steel body and oak laths give the lid a rigid and robust feel while also protecting the stove from wear and tear. When open, the lid and fold-out windscreens ensure steady cooking, even in windy conditions. A lid latch that acts as a carrying handle makes transport a breeze, while folding legs elevate the cooking surface and provide valuable usable space beneath for other cooking items. The Tupike stove also comes with a non-stick aluminum griddle plate to provide a grilling surface, and a removable drip tray and pot supports make for easy cleaning.
- Fold out windscreens provide protection and steady cooking environment
- Durably constructed with stainless steel and oak detailing
- Non-stick gridle and removable drip tray allow for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Packs away compactly for easy transport
- Weight: 9.1 lbs
- Burn Time: 60 min on 230g/8.1 oz cartridge
- Dimensions: 18.7″ x 11.6 x 3.2″
- Output: 2 x 7,000 BTU/h
- People: 1-10
SELKIRK 540 ($125)
They say you can “go big or go home” and we bet you can guess where our vote lies. After starting small with our incredibly-compact, amazingly-efficient backpacking stoves, we thought that it was high time we made something to satisfy those families and groups of friends whose time we love sharing in the outdoors. Built around twin 10,000 BTU/h burners with precise, individual controls for everything from simmering to speedy boiling and room for any two of the Bugaboo Camper pans (2 L pot, 3 L pot, 9” frypan) side-by-side, we’ve made a camp stove that was designed to really cook. The Selkirk 460 Camp Stove was made to last too with a powder-coated steel exterior and wraparound windscreens to keep the elements at bay while the stainless steel and nickel-chrome cooking surfaces make clean-up easy after even the biggest meals.
- Powerful, twin 10,000 BTU/h (CSA) / 11,790 BTU/h (CE) burners designed to rapidly and evenly heat larger pots and pans.
- Simple, push-button, piezo ignition combines with built-in carrying handle to make it easy to light the stove without burnt finger-tips, scorched knuckles or slide-away stoves.
- Individual, micro-control valves provide precise adjustability and output for each burner for everything from slow simmering to full-strength, fast boiling.
- Removable pot support and stainless steel burner surround make for easy cleanup.
- Wraparound windscreens prevent gusts and inclement weather from slowing your cooking to a crawl, but fold out of the way for use with larger pots on calm days.
- Welded, nickel-chrome-plated, 4 mm/0.15″ diameter steel pot supports provide a stable, secure cooking platform for 8” and 10” pots side-by-side.
- Sturdy, steel construction and powder coated exterior designed for lasting outdoor durability
- Once this propane camp stove starts to heat up, PerfectHeat Technology gets the temperatures just right
- PerfectFlow Pressure Control System keeps the heat steady on each of the 2 high-performance 11,000-BTU burners
- Folding WindBlock™ shields keep the wind from blowing the flames around
- Spacious cooking surface is large enough to fit a 10-in. pan and a 12-in. pan at the same time
- Independently adjustable controls allow you to set your heat anywhere from simmer to boil
- 2-burner camp stove is efficient, with a 1-hr. runtime on high using a single 16.4-oz. propane cylinder (not included)
- When the fun is done, the removable heavy-duty, nickel-chrome grates make cleaning easy, and the built-in handle will have you carrying this lightweight stove effortlessly
- Durable steel construction withstands rugged cooking conditions
- Built-in handle for easy, lightweight carrying
- Optional griddle accessory (not included) packs away inside stove
- Fuel not included
Camp Chef Tahoe Deluxe 3 Burner Grill ($270.99)
- Three cast aluminum 30,000 BTU burners – 90K BTU/hr total
- Burner housing limits hot/cold spots and gives extra wind protection
- Fully adjustable heat-control dials – 30″ cooking height
- Regulator and 3 ft. hose included – 3-sided windscreen
- Removable legs for portability
Home & Camp Burner ($109.95)
A crossover tabletop gas stove, the Home & Camp Burner provides a compact cooking solution at the campsite or in the home. The unit folds down for convenient storage with a sleek, sophisticated silhouette designed to complement any kitchen aesthetic. Open the unit through a quick, four-step setup, revealing a stable burner with an auto-ignitor and adjustable knob for advanced flame control. Expanded trivet supports even large cookware for shared meals. ** Note: CB Butane canisters not available for purchase online. Available at most outdoor retailers. Do not use cast iron, ceramic, or stone cookware on the Home & Camp Burner as the radiant heat produced by these cookware items can cause the fuel canister to unexpectedly heat up.
IGNITE CAMP STOVE ($109.95)
Cook the perfect meal for the crew on camping weekends with the Ignite Camp Stove, constructed with rugged, thick-gauge steel to deliver many years of use in the outdoors. Great for small groups, the Ignite offers an innovative simmer control for high-precision flame adjustment; 10,000 BTU burners go from a light simmer to full output.
- Constructed with rugged, thick-gauge steel to deliver many years of use in the outdoors
- Offers an innovative simmer control for high-precision flame adjustment;10,000 BTU burners go from a light simmer to full output
- Push-button ignitor allows for fast, easy starts while the stove’s compact size fits two 10-inch pans to create your campsite meals and a stainless-steel drip tray offers rust-free performance and easy cleanup
- 18.5 inches long by 12.8 inches wide by 4 inches tall: Weighs 10 pounds.Requires propane fuel to operate (not included) and offers a 90-minute burn time
- Dependable latches keep the lid secure during transport
- JetLink compatibility allows you to connect from the output on other Eureka! Stoves for camp kitchen flexibility (the Ignite must be the last line in a JetLink chain of linked stoves, it cannot be the starting point)
- Compact size is perfect for small groups
- Due to flammable item shipping restrictions, we cannot sell fuel canisters online; they are available at REI retail stores
Jetboil Genesis 2 Burner Stove ($259.95)
Turn your backcountry cooking fantasies into reality with the ultra-compact Genesis dual-burner cook stove. Jetboil’s dual-burner design functions as a standalone stove, or couples with other Jetlink-compatible stoves or a Luna satellite burner to create an outdoor cooking range. A beastly 10,000 BTU heating system boils water in just over three minutes—perfect for melting snow or making coffee. The Genesis is designed specifically for Jetboil’s versatile line of cookware, including the Jetboil FryPan, 5L FluxPot, and more. An attachable windscreen improves the system’s performance in any weather; the efficient, compact folding design fits handily in small spaces. Includes system carrying bag with pocket for regulator; compatible with standard 16.4-ounce propane bottle; weighs 6.2 pounds.
- Dual-burner design functions as a standalone stove or couples with other Jetlink-compatible stoves or a Luna satellite burner to create an outdoor cooking range
- Specs when system is open: 20.5” x 9.8” (52.1 cm x 24.9 cm)
- Beastly 10,000 BTU heating system also boils water in just over three minutes—perfect for melting snow or making coffee
- Designed specifically for Jetboil’s versatile line of cookware, including the Jetboil FryPan, 5L FluxPot, and more.
- Attachable windscreen improves system’s performance in any weather; efficient, compact folding design fits handily in small spaces
- Includes system carrying bag with pocket for regulator; compatible with standard 16.4-ounce propane bottle; weighs 6.2 pounds.
- System carrying bag (6.25″ tall x 10.75″) with pocket for regulator
- Attachable windscreen included improving performance in any weather
- Compatible with standard 16.4 oz propane bottleStove nests in 5L Pot (sold separately)
Check out: Top Cookware for Overlanding for more gear ideas.
Check out: Top Camp Chairs for Overlanding for more gear ideas.